Frequently Asked Questions


How Do I....

Food Bank
Operates in the basement of the Town Hall (21 West Frederick Street, Walkersville, MD) on Mondays 6:30 – 7:30 p.m. and Thursdays 1:00 – 3:00 p.m. You may bring non-perishable food donations during regular Town Hall hours 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. M-F or place them 24/7 in the food donation box located alongside the building in the entrance driveway. Food Bank phone number/answering machine 301-845-4229.

Town Meetings
Held each month on the 2nd and 4th Wednesdays; in the months of July, November, and December, meetings are only on the 2nd Wednesday.

Curbside Recycling
Provided by Frederick County on Blue Mondays.

Bulk Recycling
Every 2nd and 4th Wednesday a recycling dumpster is available in the Town Hall parking lot, 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., for Frederick County residents to drop off their household recycling.

Bulk Trash Pickup
Sponsored by the Town of Walkersville twice each year, June 8 and November 9.  Place your bulk trash at the curb after the regular Wednesday trash pick-up.

Walkersville Day
The 3rd Saturday in May. Yard sales and food opportunities throughout the Town. *Note: The Town does NOT sponsor this event. It is up to the business/homeowner/church if they choose to participate.*

Walkersville Firemen’s Carnival
The dates, prices, and food schedule are posted on the Walkersville Volunteer Fire Department’s home page.

Trick or Treat
The Town neither sanctions nor sets the time for Trick or Treat. Each neighborhood or HOA may schedule its own activities.

Pay My Water Bill
The Town accepts cash, checks, debit, and credit cards for payment on the water bills that are sent on May 1st and November 1st each year, and are due June 1 and December 1.

Set up a Payment Plan for My Water Bill
Call Laura at 301-845-4500 immediately when you receive your water bill and realize it will be difficult to pay in one payment by the due date. We will work with you and accept partial payments up until water cut-off day. No payment plans will be implemented on water cut-off day.

Pay My Sewer Bill
Your sewer bill comes from Frederick County’s Water and Sewer Department. The Town does not accept or process payments for sewer bills. Water and sewer bill payment options.

Pay My Real Estate Property Taxes
Your Town of Walkersville property taxes are listed on the tax bill you receive from Frederick County. Frederick County collects the taxes and remits them to the Town monthly. Click here for more information.

Rent a Park Pavilion
You may fill out the Park Reservation Form 2024 online and print it out. Park Reservation Form complete and bring to Town Hall with your payment and security deposit to schedule your rental of a park pavilion. No dates are confirmed until the form and payment are received.